WE ARE CURRENTLY IN THE PROCESS OF CHANGING OUR WEBSITE FOR THE 2013/14 SEASON.
WE APOLOGISE THAT THIS SITE MAY BE CURRENTLY DISPLAYING SOME INCORRECT INFORMATION.
NEW WEBSITE COMING SOON
Time To Pull Together
The dreadful weather this winter has devastated our fixtures
and training over the last couple of months. The 1s have
played just twice in seven weeks and for the 2s and 3s the
picture is even worse. The lack of momentum has made it even
more difficult than usual for captains to assemble teams and
for coaches to run meaningful training sessions. Despite
this all three sides have fulfilled their league obligations
to date and we need to continue in the same vein.
Hopefully we are over the worst, so now is the time for all
players to dry out your boots, ring your mate and get
yourselves up to the club for training and matches. We need
to kick-start the second half of the season and make sure
that we put out competitive teams for the remainder of our
games, including the rearranged fixtures.
If you are a non-player there are still some unfilled jobs
you may like to consider eg 1st Team Manager, Bar Staff,
Ground Staff, and we are already looking at next season in
terms of officers and roles. If you can help in any way ring
Martin or myself.
Your Club needs you.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN BECOMINF A REFEREE?
IF so contact Cas Castleton and register as below. Cas email westingway @aol.com
For an application form, click this link
Forms should be returned to
Lindsay Piper (email@example.com), Game Development Department, Rugby Football
Development Limited, Rugby Football Union, Rugby House, Twickenham Stadium, 200 Whitton
Road, Twickenham, TW2 7BA
Further information from:
Entry Level Referee
17th & 24th February 2013
135 Addington Road, West Wickham,
Kent, BR4 9BF
17th February 09:30 – 15:30
24th February 09:30 – 15:30
COST: £50 per candidate
Regional Referee Trainer (London & SE)
Tel: 020 8949 4420
Mob: 07979 797694
YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT
Congratulations to Mike Lewin
on being recognised as an Outstanding Volunteer to Bognor RFC by Sussex Rugby !
He has played, captained, maintained the grounds, Organised Vets tours and managed the Clubhouse
Mike has received a pair of tickets for England v Fiji
Congratulations to Jack Hornibrook, Josh Brown & Adam Hood who have completed and been awarded the RFU Young Officials course to gain young referee accreditation. Their passion has led to the setting up of the West Sussex Young Officials Academy.
1st XV Player Sponsorship
Over the past three seasons, thanks to the generosity of club members and sponsors, we have raised £5000 towards the cost of 1st Team expenses such as kit, physio and travel.
As usual sponsors will be asked to choose a number from 1-15 and, for a donation of £100, their name will appear opposite the sponsored player’s name in every home match programme. Some people may prefer to combine with other(s) to make up the £100.
Sponsors may include family, friends or business contacts, and players are welcome to approach potential sponsors themselves.
After a disappointing season last year we are determined to make our mark on London 3SW and your support will be invaluable.
If you can help, please contact me on
07841 436 327 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to Steph Nightingill and Jo Millen this years Eve award winners.
February 100 Club Winners
Tony Johnson £75.00
Tim Dowle £25.00
Congratulations to the following for their awards at the Club Supper.
Tim Dowle - 4th team player of the year.
Matt Smith - 3rd team player of the year.
James Barlow - 2nd team player of the year.
Jack Tompkins - Player of the year.
Team of the year - 4th team.
Goal kicking trophy - Shane Stevens.
Colt of the year - Ashley Butt.
Top try scorer - Rob Parry.
Clubman of the year - Lee Balchin.
Most consistant player - Ben Archer.
Most Improved player - Adam Knight.
Special award to Roger Hammond for services to Bognor 1st team.
Dick of the year. .........................................
Selection Policy 2012-13
- To honour all league and cup fixtures at 1st,2nd & 3rd team levels.
- To select the teams in a fair and transparent manner in accordance with the principles listed below.
- Director of Rugby (Chair), Head Coach, Captains of 1st,2nd, 3rd and 4th teams.
- If the DoR is absent the meeting will be chaired by the Head Coach. If the Head Coach or Captains are absent they will nominate replacements.
- The 1st Team will be selected by the Head Coach, after consultation with his coaching team. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th Teams will initially be selected by their respective Team Captains but may be subject to changes after discussion at the meeting.
- Each team will be selected on merit from our paid-up membership and players should be prepared to play for whichever team they are selected for. Players are reminded that a) you are representing Bognor Rugby Football Club and NOT a particular team, and b) you have a responsibility to reply immediately to any messages about team selection and to ensure that you honour your commitments.
- Attendance at training will be an important consideration, especially when selecting the first two teams; 1st team players are expected to train twice a week. If unable to attend they should contact the relevant Captain.
- It is the Captains’ responsibility to notify their teams as early as possible in the week following selection. In the event of a selected player being unavailable a replacement will normally be taken from the team immediately below. In such circumstances it is essential that the two Captains concerned communicate with each other as well as with the players involved.
- If a player is dropped the Captain or Head Coach of the team from which he has been dropped will notify the player which team he has been selected for and explain the reasoning directly to the player concerned.
- In the exceptional circumstances that we have insufficient players to field three teams, players will be moved up so that we honour the 1st & 2nd Team fixtures.
- 4th Team players who only play occasional friendlies and who do not pay their membership by standing order should pay a minimum of £5 match fee to the captain.
- No Captain can make a decision to cancel a match. Any problems regarding raising a side should be discussed with the DoR who will liaise with the Fixture Secretary.
- In the event of waterlogged/frozen pitches the DoR will organise a pitch inspection and will liaise with the ground staff, Head Coach, Captains & Fixture Secretary.
- Selection of Colts for Senior Teams. The normal route for young players would be for them to remain Colts up to and including the season in which they reach their 18th birthday. In the event of an exceptionally mature player or where a player is adamant that he wishes to play senior rugby, the following guidelines must be strictly adhered to:
a) no player UNDER the age of 17 can train with or play against senior players.
b) In order for a 17 year old to train or play against senior players he must complete the Adult Rugby Form which must be signed by his parents and the Colts’ Coach. Safety is paramount and the transition through to senior rugby must be carefully monitored through communication between young players, coaches and parents. The completed form should be retained by the Colts’ Coach.
Pitch Side Technical Areas
Please read instructions from RFU regarding touchline restrictions. See club notice board for full instructions.
Referees have been instructed to to ensure that all replacements, medical staff and coaches respect the technical areas marked adjacent to the pitch.
Only the Touch Judge is allowed inside the roped area alongside the pitch.
Club Notice Board
All those interested contact John Don on either
John.email@example.com or call him on 07971 052857
GROUNDSMEN AND BAR MANAGERS WANTED
These are two important areas within the club that without volunteer’s rugby would not be played and the bar would not operate.
Due to the small numbers of dedicated members we are able at present to prepare and mark out three rugby pitches every week and operate the b
The club always welcomes new players and members. If you're interested in playing, why not come to one of our training sessions?
Senior & Youth Training
Senior training starts Thursday 12 July 2012 at 7pm.
Tuesday and Thursday evenings, 7:00pm to 9:00pm. Supper served after training free to all players
Mini & Youth Training
Sunday Mornings, 10am to 12.00pm
Youth teams also train on Weds eves from 6.30pm.